Students should be able to:
- Explain how the relative strength of an acid depends on the extent to which it ionizes in water.
- Explain how both acid strength and acid concentration contribute to the pH of a solution.
- Draw or interpret particulate level representations of strong/weak acids in water at various concentrations.
- This assignment and screencast are currently being tested in the classroom.
- Screencast assignment
- Simulation assignment
- Revised screencast assignment as a Google Form (this link should make a copy of the form for you)
Further information about this simulation/assignment
This assignment and screencast are in the early phase of development. Given the need for research-based teaching materials in light of COVID-19, we have made these materials available during their development and testing.