The work investigating kinetics is built upon the Reactions & Rates simulation develop by PhET Interactive Simulations.
Students should be able to:
- Describe collision theory and use it to explain changes in rates of reactions
- Explain how changing the temperature impacts the rate of a reaction
- Explain how changing concentration affects the rate of a reaction
- PhET Reaction & Rates simulation
- Pretest (email to request a copy)
- Simulation assignment
- Screencast assignment
- Screencast assignment as a google form so you can see it as a student would take it
- Screencast assignment as a Google form (this will create a copy for you)
- Alignment of pretest and assignment/follow-up questions (email to request a copy)
Further information about this simulation/assignment
In depth discussion of this work can be found in an article published in Chemistry Education Research and Practice.