The work investigating gas laws is built upon the Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gas simulation published by Pearson.
Students should be able to:
- Use particulate motion to explain how the following properties of gases affect one another: volume, temp, pressure, and moles of a gas.
- Explain what happens to the particles of a gas when it is heated or cooled.
- Describe how particles in the gas state move or interact with each other.
- Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gas simulation
- Pretest (use contact form to request a copy)
- Simulation assignment
- Screencast assignment
- Screencast assignment as a Google form (This will make a copy)
- Alignment of pretest and assignment/follow-up questions (use contact form to request a copy)
Further information about this simulation/assignment
A deeper discussion of the effect of this work can be found in the International Journal of STEM Education.